IFC: A NEW IMAGE AND POSITION OF MOSCOW IN THE GLOBAL FINANCIAL MARKET
The presence of a visible financial centre is a main asset in the world economic competition today. The project aims to signal Russian economic growth in the following way;
- by gathering highly qualified professionals in an effective and comfortable environment,
- by giving the IFC an international readability through original and ecological urbanism,
- by marking its visibility with architectural projects comparable to those in the best global financial centres
The international readibility and visibility of the IFC will be based on;
- a clearly identifiable Central Business District, and
- a new metropolitan district: mixed, open, able to evolve and pleasant to live and work in.
IFC: A NEW CENTRE IN A POLYCENTRIC METROPOLIS
In the context of polycentric development of the Moscow agglomeration, the IFC is one of the key points of growth. The project will;
- exploit the full potential of the surrounding area and connect the town to its urban context,
- utilise and connect to the existing infrastructure.
IFC: A SUSTAINABLE TOWN FOR THE 21st CENTURY
WATER: The site topography will be remodeled to protect the river from pollution and protect the town from the floods.
FOREST: The forest is an important part of Russian culture and we propose to;
- preserve the afforestation and riverbank plantations,
- extend the forest into the site,
- bring trees and the city back together again.
SEASONS: Our project for the IFC aims to offer the best conditions all along the year for people who live and work here.
IFC: a world class central Business district
The CBD shall achieve several goals;
- provide a working environment with facilities for meetings, relaxation, sport and culture,
- establish a central space open to all the inhabitants and supporting the urban life,
- create an architectural and urban landmark.
THE PROJECT AS A PROCESS
STABILITY: The grid of the public spaces forms the backbone of the project.
FLEXIBILITY: The system of blocks allows for the evolution of the open urban fabric.
The masterplan shall guide the development of the city and ensure it keeps its qualities while having the capacity for continuous adaptation to the economic context and the emerging needs.