In anticipation of the announcement of the results, we look back at how the competition has progressed.
The competition was held in two stages over the course of eight months. The Client that organised and commissioned the competition was Rublyovo-Arkhangelskoye CJSC. The project consultant was Strelka Institute of Media, Architecture and Design, whose experts developed the competition procedure; the compatition rules and regulations; and the competition brief; as well as analysed the applications and submissions. The first stage (2 September – 6 November) was a preliminary qualification and the Jury had to consider 83 applications from 22 countries in order to select 8 teams to participate in the second stage:
1. TPO RESERVE - MAXWAN
3. KCAP ARCHITECTS&PLANNERS, DE ARCHITECTEN CIE., BURO HAPPOLD, KARRES EN BRANDS LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS, MLAB, FAKTON AND PROSPERTITY PROJECT MANAGEMENT
4. SKIDMORE, OWINGS & MERRILL LLP AND ANDREY CHERNIKHOV ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN STUDIO LTD
5. GENSLER & ASSOCIATES INTERNATIONAL LTD
7. TEAM MOSCOW - ASTOC / HPP
8. PANERAI&ASSOCIES + MECANOO + HENRICH-ARTIGUES-BENNASAR + JAUZAPROJECT + BURO HAPPOLD + SPECTRUM
The second phase (7 November – 8 April) draws to a close with the announcement of three finalists. Upon the conclusion of the competition, the Client will undertake commercial negotiations with the finalists in order to determine which company will be engaged in the development of the project.