On 22-23 November, the representatives of the eight consortia selected to participate in stage II of the IFC masterplanning competition came to Moscow to participate in the overview seminar.
The eight prequalified teams were:
1. РЕЗЕРВ [REZERV] - MAXWAN
3. KCAP ARCHITECTS&PLANNERS, DE ARCHITECTEN CIE., BURO HAPPOLD, KARRES EN BRANDS LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS, MLAB, FAKTON AND PROSPERTITY PROJECT MANAGEMENT
4. SKIDMORE, OWINGS & MERRILL LLP AND ANDREY CHERNIKHOV ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN STUDIO LTD
5. GENSLER & ASSOCIATES INTERNATIONAL LTD
7. TEAM MOSCOW - ASTOC / HPP
8. PANERAI&ASSOCIES + MECANOO + HENRICH-ARTIGUES-BENNASAR + JAUZAPROJECT + BURO HAPPOLD + SPECTRUM
Day 1 consisted of an extensive site visit including a helicopter flight and a 4x4 off-road tour around the site with stopovers at key points and detailed discussion of site characteristics.
For day 2 a workshop was scheduled at Strelka Institute for Media, Architecture and Design, consisting of a detailed project presentation, discussion of the competition brief and a Q&A session.
The photos below illustrate the two days in Moscow: